Plan your visit
- Nature reserve: Welches Dam and Rickwood hides and the trails to them are open daily, at all times. The rest of the hides and trails remain closed for now whilst work continues on the embankment.
- Car park: open daily, at all times.
- Visitor Centre: open daily, 9am-5pm.
- Refreshments: tea and coffee making facilities available in the visitor centre.
- Toilets: open daily, at all times.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Car park cost
Free for members.
Non-members are requested to pay £3 to help keep the reserve a special place for wildlife.
How to get here
Manea Station is 5km from the reserve. Head into the village then turn left opposite the pub. Turn left at the next T-junction towards Welches Dam.
There are buses to Manea (At 9.58am, 11.58am, 1.58pm and 3.58pm.) The reserve is 2.5 miles (4 km) from the village.
The reserve is approximately 5km from the train station situated in the village of Manea.
Follow directions to Manea. Entering the village, turn right at the RSPB sign towards Welches Dam, continuing to the signposted car park.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Walk 4 km from Manea village, taking the road opposite the Rose and Crown pub, following signs to Welches Dam. Turn left at the next T-junction towards Welches Dam.
Group booking information
Group bookings are accepted.