Full facilities information
RSPB Discovery Centre open daily 9.30am - 5pm.
Closes at 4pm throughout November, December and January.
- 800 spaces
- 27 Blue Badge spaces
- Parking is at the Council owned Pay and Display car park.
- Charges applicable.
- Drop off point outside Discovery Centre.
- Some lighting in car park.
- No height restriction.
- A toilet in the Discovery Centre.
- Other public toilets in the Swannery car park, 120m from the Discovery Centre.
- An accessible toilet in the Discovery Centre.
- Other public toilets in the Swannery car park 120m from the Discovery Centre with an accessible toilet. A radar key can be borrowed from the Discovery Centre.
- Self-service cafe offering hot and cold drinks and a range snacks. To arrange gluten free options please get in touch.
- We have a highchair available and baby changing onsite. You are welcome to bring your own baby food and children’s snacks as required.
- All of our ingredients are locally sourced where possible.
- If you have a group of 10 or more please call to let us know and we'll make sure we order in enough for your group. Please call the visitor centre, tel: 01305 778313, for a chat.
No shop facility on-site.
Outdoor seating area with views over the reserve.
Binoculars are available to hire, and there are telescopes available to use.
- Four, including the visitor centre which has great views across water, reed and roosting posts and an island.
- There are viewpoints on the Buddleia Walk.
- A viewing screen offers excellent views over the north end of the reserve.
Two signposted trails.