Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest station is Darsham.
You can use Suffolk Link, a demand-responsive bus that can collect you from Leiston, Saxmundham and surrounding villages. This must be booked in advance by calling 01728 833526.
National Route 42 of the National Cycle Network.
From Westleton, turn left onto B1125, towards Blythburgh. After passing village green, turn right towards Dunwich and RSPB Minsmere. Follow minor road, ignoring right turns to RSPB Minsmere and NT Dunwich Heath, until you enter Dunwich village. Continue through village, passing ruined Greyfriars Abbey on right, then fork right into beach car park.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Dingle Marshes can be accessed on foot from Walberswick village (or from Southwold via the seasonal foot ferry).
Access to facilities
- Wheelchair access is possible with difficulty on some sections of the nature trail. Wheelchair access not advised on shingle sections.
- Network of public and permissive paths.
- No seating.
- 4.5 mile (6 km) circular walk from the Dunwich beach car park. Crosses shingle ridge, marshes and track through the edge of Dunwich Forest. The terrain is rough in places and the access along the shore is on shingle.
- No viewing facilities with ramped access on site.
- Ramped access to hide on neighbouring Forestry Commision land which overlooks reedbed, but no lower viewing slots. Accessible via rough trail - wheelchair access not advisable.
Registered assistance, and other dogs on leads, welcome.