Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Leave M2 at junction 1 and join the A228, signposted Grain. Turn left off A228 for High Halstow. In the village turn left onto Cooling Road towards Cooling. After approximately 1 mile, the reserve is signposted as a right turn.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Due to the remote location of the reserve, arriving by public transport is not easily achieved. We recommend that you contact the reserve for more information.
Access to facilities
Large potholes and uneven ground.
- Trails not level, with large and steep inclines, un-surfaced, at least 2m wide.
- Heronry Trail 2.1 miles (3.3km) – linear trail, inaccessible to wheelchairs, stile crossing to heronry. Benches (without backs or armrests) at irregular intervals, mainly at viewpoints.
- Woodland Trail 2.3 miles (3.7km) – un-surfaced, steep incline, inaccessible to wheelchairs. Benches (without backs or armrests) at irregular intervals, mainly at viewpoints.
- Short Trail 0.7 miles (1.2km) – un-surfaced, small inclines, accessible for wheelchairs. Benches (without backs or armrests) at irregular intervals, mainly at viewpoints.
Main viewpoint 300m from car park. Others at 400m, 1 mile (1.5 km), 1.5 miles (2.5 km). Latter accessed by stile and narrow footbridge.
- Dogs are allowed on the Saxon Shore Way and bridleways.
- Please remember this is a working farm, there may be occasional vehicles on some trails and livestock can be in the fields and orchard.