Plan your visit
Car park: open, daily dawn-dusk.
Reserve trails: open, daily dawn-dusk..
Visitor Centre: Closed.
Festive opening times:
- Christmas Eve: Reserve and car park open. Visitor centre (inc toilets), shop and cafe closed.
- Christmas Day: Reserve and car park open. Visitor centre (inc toilets), shop and cafe closed.
- Boxing Day: Reserve and car park open. Visitor centre (inc toilets), shop and cafe closed.
- New Year's Eve: Open, 10am-4pm. Shop closed.
- New Year's Day: Open, 10am-4pm. Shop closed.
- All other days in the festive period are open our usual winter opening hours as above.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Other discounts
Visitor centre is closed
Toilets are closed
Accessible toilets are closed
Baby changing is closed
Cafe is closed
Binocular hire is closed
Guided walks is closed
Shop is closed
Educational facilities are closed
Play area is closed
How to get here
The nearest station is Pulborough 2 miles (4 km) from the reserve. Taxi's are available.
Compass Bus 100, from Burgess Hill to Horsham, stops at Pulborough train station and serves the stop immediately outside the reserve. It is a request stop, so you will need to ask the driver to drop you outside the reserve when you board.
Located approximately 2 miles/3.2 km from Pulborough village. Follow the A283 towards Storrington. The reserve is located on the right-hand side.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
The reserve is 2.5 miles/4km via road and public footpath from Pulborough railway station. The public footpath that crosses the nature reserve can be very wet and muddy following rain and can be impassable if the river has flooded.
Information for dog owners
We are unable to accommodate dogs, apart from assistance dogs, on the Wetland Trail at Pulborough Brooks. Dogs are welcome, on a lead, on parts of the Wooded Heathland Trail and on the public footpaths.
Dog owners are very welcome to bring their dogs onto the tea terrace adjacent to the cafe.
Group booking information
Groups are very welcome to visit the nature reserve and coach parking is available. Groups of 10 or more must book in advance by email to email@example.com or by phone 01798 875851 so we can help ensure that you get the most out of your visit. Youth groups are also welcome and we can offer a variety of hands on activities - please contact us to discuss arrangements.
Occasionally, if there are already several visiting groups, or we're running a special event, we might suggest that you choose an alternative day, rather than find your favourite spots on the reserve busy (or encounter long queues in the cafe). We may also be able to offer guided walks.
Schools booking information
School visits to Pulborough Brooks are curriculum-linked, hands-on and fun, with a wide range of habitats to explore all year round. We can accommodate up to three large classes of children per day.
We provide all equipment - children only need to bring suitable clothing, drinks and packed lunches. For more information see our school visit pages.
Primary sessions (approximately two hours)
- EYFS & KS1: Brilliant birds / Discovering Land Minibeasts / Discovering Pond Minibeasts / Seasonal Sensory Walk / Plant Detectives.
- KS2: Investigationg Rivers, Investigating Minibeasts / Living Things and their Habitats / Pond Habitat Study / Rocks and Soils / Discovering Birds.
Secondary sessions (customisable to suit your requirements, designed to last all day)
- KS3: Geography - Fieldwork / Science - Ecological Investigations and Sampling.
- KS4: Geography - Ecosystems / Science - Fieldwork Techniques / Science - Managing for Water Quality.
- KS5 Biology: Sampling Biodiversity / Succession / Human Impact.
What will the weather be like?
Save nature with a staycation in the UK
Saving the nature that you love for future generations to enjoy. Make the most of your visit by staying in one of thousands of handpicked cottages across the UK. Simply book your stay here to support our partnership. Throughout 2020 holidaycottages.co.uk are supporting our conservation work – saving species and restoring habitats right across the UK at a time when the future of our planet has never been more important and protecting nature for future generations.