Plan your visit
- Nature reserve: open daily, 8am-dusk (or 8pm whichever is earlier).
- Car park: open daily, 8am-dusk (or 8pm whichever is earlier).
- Toilets: open daily in the summer months, 8am-dusk (or 8pm whichever is earlier).
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Car park cost
Parking is free but donations to support the work of the RSPB are welcome.
How to get here
The nearest station is Rochford, 6.6 miles (10.5 km) away from the reserve.
Loftman's Corner, Canewdon, about 2.5 km from reserve entrance - Stephensons Bus Route 60 runs from Southend on Sea. From Loftman's Corner head east away from Canewdon onto Creeksea Ferry Road. Continue along this road onto Island and to reserve entrance.
From Rochford, Essex, take the Ashingdon road until you see the brown tourism signs at Bray's Lane and follow these to RSPB Wallasea Island.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Information for dog owners
Dogs are welcome on the public footpath only (Allfleets Trail). Please keep them to this designated right of way only.
Please keep your dog on a lead and under close, effective control at all times, due to the sensitive wildlife, habitats and livestock here. We know that the countryside is a dog walking paradise. It’s important to remember the special surroundings here are wonderful havens for rare wildlife. Even if dogs are very well behaved, wildlife and livestock can easily become startled by a loose dog they perceive as a predator.
Disturbing wildlife does more than simply causing it to move away; it uses up their energy, decreasing their chance of survival regardless of season. Thank you for protecting the special wildlife here by keeping your dog on a lead and under close, effective control.
- Only Allfleets Marsh is a public footpath, so sorry, no dogs are permitted elsewhere on the nature reserve other than assistance dogs.
- Dogs die in hot cars, please do not leave your dog in the car when visiting us.
- There are no dog waste bins on the nature reserve, we ask that you please take dog waste home with you to dispose of.
Group booking information
Group bookings are accepted. Guided tours are available for groups of 10 or more.
Contact Wallasea Island
- RSPB Wallasea Island, Rochford, Essex, SS4 2HD