Plan your visit
- The reserve is open from dawn until dusk.
- Reserve centre open 7 days a week, 9.30am - 5pm (open 9.30am - 4.30pm in December and January).
- Christmas Eve - 9.30am - 3pm.
- Christmas Day - visitor centre and reserve closed.
- Boxing Day - 10am - 4.30pm.
- New Year’s Eve - 9.30am - 3pm.
- New Year’s Day - 10am - 4.30pm.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
Free entrance for first child
Free entrance for under 5s
- Other discounts
- Half price entry for non-members arriving by public transport or bicycle.
- Everyone can enter the cafe and visitor centre for free.
How to get here
Silverdale station is on the Manchester Airport/Preston to Barrow line and is only 250 metres from the reserve. Turn left out of the station entrance, then left again and then right.
National Cycle Route 6, Regional route 90 (Lancashire Cycleway).
Leighton Moss is near the village of Silverdale, just 3km (2 miles) from Carnforth and is signposted from the A6 north of M6 junction 35.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Group booking information
Group visits are welcome but we ask that parties of more than ten people notify the reserve in advance of their visit. Coach visits are required to pre-book.
Schools booking information
Come along to our stunning reserve and bring your classroom learning to life with a selection of fascinating wildlife experiences. Our National Curriculum linked learning sessions are led by qualified, enthusiastic leaders and are designed to support a range of classroom topics to suit all abilities. The reserve has a variety of awe-inspiring habitats including woodland, reedbed, streams ponds as well as a large classroom (The Holt) and award-winning visitor facilities. For full details of our programmes and offer for schools, visit our school trip ideas page.
To book your visit or to find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 233 4315.