Corporate volunteering opportunities
We can offer opportunities across the UK for businesses like yours to help give nature a home by working at one of our spectacular nature reserves.
Benefits to your company and employees
We offer a day of fresh air, exercise and a life-enhancing experience enjoying the countryside and all of its fascinating wildlife.
- Promoting employee bonding and relationship-building, particularly across departments which rarely work together.
- Demonstrating the organisation’s CSR values and commitment which can enhance staff retention by building employee morale and loyalty.
- Developing a sense of achievement through doing something worthwhile for nature in your local community.
- Teaching individuals new skills and building confidence.
- Providing knowledge, understanding and the value of the natural world which make employees more receptive to business initiatives such as energy-saving or recycling.
- Participants leave feeling re-energised, de-stressed and motivated which can greatly increase employee productivity.
The difference you can make
The skills and time provided by corporate teams are incredibly valuable to the RSPB.
- Corporate work parties help us tackle jobs which would otherwise take our wardens days or even weeks to complete.
- Employee volunteering helps us to build community links and valuable business support.
- Many of our business volunteers return to our reserves with family and friends after their volunteer experience. Some volunteers have even joined as members and become lifelong supporters.
What to expect
We can offer a wide range of activities suited to the abilities and interests of your colleagues.
With more than 200 reserves across the UK, there is likely to be one just a stone’s throw away from your business. You can get your hands dirty on our heathlands, help create homes for wetland birds or have a go at improving our visitor infrastructure to name but a few activities.
Typically our days take place from 10am – 4pm, but we can be flexible according to your team’s needs.
We take care of the insurance, risk assessments and provide everyone with a safety briefing before the day starts. If protective clothing or equipment is required, this will be made available. All necessary tools and materials will be provided.
At least one member of the warden team will be with you at all times to provide guidance, advice and general wildlife knowledge, so you can rest assured you will all be well looked after.
Proceeds from our Corporate Team Challenges help us continue to save nature we ask for a minimum donation of £60 per person and a minimum group size of 7 people per Team Challenge. This is exclusive of VAT.
We also ask that any cancellations be advised with at least 14 days notice to avoid any costs being incurred by the charity. Any cancellations which are made after this time will be invoiced in full.
Corporate Partnerships Officer, North England, Midlands, Wales
- 07738 029905